By Rena M. Palloff, Keith Pratt
Written by means of Rena M. Palloff and Keith Pratt, specialists within the box of on-line educating and studying, this hands-on source is helping larger schooling execs comprehend the basics of potent on-line review. It deals advice for designing and imposing artistic evaluation practices tied on to direction actions to degree scholar studying. The e-book is stuffed with illustrative case reviews, actual exams established in real-life software of suggestions, and collaborative actions that determine the standard of pupil studying instead of hoping on the normal equipment of measuring the quantity of knowledge retained.
Read Online or Download Assessing the Online Learner: Resources and Strategies for Faculty (Online Teaching and Learning Series (OTL)) PDF
Similar education books
Large-scale wall charts have been primary instruments of school room guide all through Europe within the mid-nineteenth and 20th centuries. accumulated the following for the 1st time in a single deluxe quantity are over a hundred of those classic academic posters now vital relics within the historical past of technological know-how, paintings, and layout.
This publication discusses of the oldest and toughest difficulties in either technology and philosophy: what's topic? , and what's brain? A reason behind tackling either difficulties in one ebook is that of the main influential perspectives in glossy philosophy are that the universe is psychological (idealism), and that the every thing actual is fabric (materialism).
Referred to as both ‘soft’ or ‘hard’ ‘managerialism’, ‘new managerialism’ or ‘new public management’, this new narrative has, without reference to moniker, permeated the associations of upper schooling nearly all over the place. Taking this as its context, this quantity is based on a accomplished overseas comparative research of the evolving function of middle-level educational managers—deans, heads of division and their equivalents.
- Computer animation complete [electronic resource] : all-in-one : learn motion capture, characteristic, point-based, and Maya winning techniques
- Parent's Guide to 1st Grade, How to Ensure Your Child's Success (Learning and Activity Book)
- The Social Studies Curriculum: Purposes, Problems, And Possibilities - 3rd edition
- Microsoft Expression Web: Learn Expression Web the Quick and Easy Way! (Visual QuickStart Guide Series)
- Organisation und Folgewirkung von Großveranstaltungen: Interdisziplinäre Studien zur FIFA Fussball-WM 2006
Additional info for Assessing the Online Learner: Resources and Strategies for Faculty (Online Teaching and Learning Series (OTL))
Student Involvement and the Element of Choice McVay Lynch (2002) notes that learners should be involved in the development of the assessment process online. This can also be said of the face-to-face environment. To do so, however, the instructor must be willing to give up control and must believe that the course that he or she has created has already provided the knowledge base that the student needs to gain mastery in the particular content area. McVay Lynch states that when the instructor gives up control and engages the student in the process by using criteria for assessment, the following can result: • The student is given responsibility for learning and evaluation.
3. How can resistance be viewed and understood as a creative and catalytic force? 4. How can change processes be initiated and managed so that resistance does not occur? 5. How do I recognize and personally respond to change and resistance? 6. What interventions are effective when dealing with resistance to change? 7. What is the role of the consultant, team leader, and team members in dealing with resistance? Program Competencies: The program’s “golden threads”—values, research, and professional practices—are integrated into our curriculum and our approach to professional development.
Students were given a collaborative assignment at the beginning of the course to develop a handbook that was due toward the end of the course. Although the general parameters of the assignment were given, it was up to the students to choose what the final product would include. They were also advised to break up into two small groups; the groupings could be based on common interests or a desire to work toward a particular type of handbook. This assignment and the parameters accompanying it had been given to other classes in the same manner, and the students were able to selforganize with little difficulty.