By Andrei Grebennikov, Narendra Kumar, Binboga S. Yarman
Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers offers vast assurance of broadband radio frequency (RF) and microwave energy amplifier layout, together with famous ancient and up to date novel schematic configurations, theoretical techniques, circuit simulation effects, and useful implementation ideas. The textual content starts off through introducing two-port networks to demonstrate the habit of linear and nonlinear circuits, explaining the fundamental ideas of strength amplifier layout, and discussing impedance matching and broadband energy amplifier layout utilizing lumped and allotted parameters. The publication then:
- Shows how dissipative or lossy gain-compensation-matching circuits can provide an enormous trade-off among energy achieve, mirrored image coefficient, and working frequency bandwidth
- Describes the layout of broadband RF and microwave amplifiers utilizing genuine frequency ideas (RFTs), delivering various examples in accordance with the MATLAB® programming process
- Examines Class-E strength amplifiers, Doherty amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, microwave gallium arsenide field-effect transistor (GaAs FET)-distributed amplifiers, and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) amplifiers for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications
Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers combines theoretical research with sensible layout to create an outstanding origin for cutting edge rules and circuit layout techniques.
Read or Download Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers PDF
Best microwaves books
A very good primer at the topic, this booklet offers starting execs in satellite tv for pc newsgathering an advent to the applied sciences and tactics concerned. it's going to additionally go well with reporters, editors and manufacturers desiring to appreciate this significant part of the newsgathering chain. Written for the whole newbie, the ebook indicates how normal transmission chains paintings and their communique with the studio.
This ebook introduces rapid blunders correcting idea in an easy language, together with a common thought and the algorithms for deciphering turbo-like code. It offers a unified framework for the layout and research of faster codes and LDPC codes and their interpreting algorithms. a huge concentration is on excessive velocity rapid interpreting, which ambitions purposes with information charges of numerous hundred million bits in keeping with moment (Mbps).
This e-book bargains a quantitative and design-oriented presentation of the analog RF facets of recent instant telecommunications and information transmission platforms from the antenna to the baseband point. It takes an built-in method of subject matters comparable to antennas and proagation, microwave platforms and circuits and verbal exchange structures.
Engineers wouldn't have the time to struggle through carefully theoretical books whilst attempting to remedy an issue. newbies lack the services required to appreciate hugely really good remedies of person themes. this can be in particular frustrating for a box as huge as electromagnetics, which propagates into many diversified engineering fields.
- Free-Space Laser Communications: Principles and Advances
- Optical Imaging Sensors and Systems for Homeland Security Applications (Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications)
- Microwave Component Mechanics (Artech House Microwave Library)
- Engineering the Atom-Photon Interaction: Controlling Fundamental Processes with Photons, Atoms and Solids
- Silicon-Based RF Front-Ends for Ultra Wideband Radios (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
- Phase Noise and Frequency Stability in Oscillators (The Cambridge RF and Microwave Engineering Series)
Additional resources for Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers
As a first-order © 2016 by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC 25 Two-Port Network Parameters approximation, the parasitic capacitance associated with bondwires can be neglected. 115) where C = tanh(4δ/d)/4 is the frequency-dependent correction factor, which is a function of the bondwire diameter and its material’s skin depth δ [6,13]. 2 Capacitors Capacitors are lumped elements that store energy due to an electric field between two electrodes (or plates) when a voltage is applied across them. In this case, a charge of equal magnitude but of opposite sign accumulates on the opposing capacitor plates.
160) where r = kT/qI is the junction resistance. It is well-known that any linear noisy two-port network can be represented as a noisefree two-port part with noise sources at the input and the output connected in a different way [27,28]. 22c. However, to fully describe the noise properties of the two-port network at fixed frequency, it is sometimes convenient to represent it through the noise-free two-port part and the noise sources equivalently located at the input. Such a circuit is equivalent to the configurations with noise sources located at the input and the output .
In contrast to the capacitors, high-quality inductors are not readily available in a standard complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) technology. Therefore, it is necessary to use special techniques to improve the inductor electrical performance. By using a standard CMOS technology with only two metal layers and a heavily doped substrate, the spiral inductor will have a large series resistance compared with three–four metal layer technologies, and the substrate losses become a very important factor due to the relatively low resistivity of silicon.